In order that we can help make your event run as smoothly as possible please take time to read our terms and conditions of hire carefully. We value your custom and would like you to come back to us again and again.
In this document the following words have the following meanings:-
The Hirer: the person(s), firm or company who hires the goods from the Company
The Company: Willingham Hall Ltd
Delivery Point: The place where the delivery of the goods is to take place.
The Goods: Any goods (including parts) that are agreed in the contract to be hired to the hirer.
- Prices quoted are for a 24 hour hire.
Friday to Monday – charged as 1 day (24hrs)
Longer periods by negotiation
The hirer reserves the right to charge a refundable deposit of £70 (or 10% of order value), which is required to cover loss or damage of goods. Breakages will be notified within 48 hours of the processing at Willingham Hall. The deposit, less the replacement cost of breakages or loss will be returned within 7 days. This allows for the return of any missing items within the 7 days.
The hirer cannot substitute goods to cover for loss or damage. Where this is found to have happened the hirer will still be charged and the responsibility will fall on the hirer to collect the substituted goods at their own cost. Where the deposit is not sufficient to cover damage/loss the hirer will be liable for the remaining balance. This must be paid within 7 days of the date of hire
- Payment in full plus the deposit is required before the hire period starts. A delivery cannot be made until funds have cleared.
- The price you pay for the goods is as set out on our quotation, website or brochures from which you ordered. The price is exclusive of V.A.T and other charges relating to loading, unloading, carriage etc.
- The company reserves the right to change the advertised price at any time.
- All goods supplied remain the property of Willingham Hall Ltd during the hire period. It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the goods are fully insured (new for old) on his/her own insurance with regard to loss, theft, damage and public liability risks etc during the entire period whilst in the hands of the hirer.
- The hirer must ensure that no-one uses the equipment that is not instructed or suitably qualified for its safe and proper operation. All goods provided must be used in accordance and for the purpose of their intended use.
- If any equipment fails we will endeavour to replace or repair it as soon as is practicably possible after the failure has been reported. There must be no un-authorised repairs carried out on any equipment.
- The order may be cancelled up to 2 weeks before the event date. Cancellation charges of 25% will apply for orders cancelled 7 days prior to the delivery date.
DELIVERY AND COLLECTION OF GOODS
A charge is made for deliveries and this will be highlighted on your invoice. However additional charges may be levied if:
- Delivery to site has not been explained which results in restricted access or delivery so difficult that it takes extra significant time to deliver. Please advise us at the time of enquiry about any difficulties we may incur. Ideally we require loading and unloading from the side of our vehicle and from hard standing ground. Access to marquees and service tents should be provided for particularly when the ground is wet. A 30 minute drop off time is allowed for within the costs and any time after that may be charged for at £25.00 per man hour or by other negotiation.
- Goods not available for collection at the agreed delivery point and time may be charged if they are not available or only available in part. A 30 minute pick up time is allowed for within the costs and any time after that may be charged for at £25.00 per man hour or by other negotiation. All items must be packed and ready to be collected as agreed.
- Collections times would be agreed between Willingham Hall Ltd and the hirer and when goods are subsequently not available at the agreed time, additional hire charges per 24 hour periods would be applied until goods are available to collect.
- Please use only the crates, boxes and packaging that are provided on delivery. All items should be scraped of food debris and glasses cleared of liquid and placed face UP in boxes
- Larger, heavier items such as cookers, ovens, chest freezers and fridges must have sensible width access. If these are needed above ground level floor please let us know at the time of booking.
- Minimum delivery charges may apply for small orders
- Exact delivery times cannot be guaranteed but am or pm deliveries may be able to be arranged.
- It is a condition of hire that all our crockery and cutlery is sanitised. Therefore all goods will be delivered generally wrapped or packaged in units of 10 per item. Our charges therefore reflect this system to ensure we satisfy hygiene regulations. You will therefore be charged for all items regardless of whether they have been used.
- Use of our wash up service to ensure the control of hygiene is also a condition of our hire. We charge per item for this. All dirty goods will be collected at the end of the hire.
- The hirer is responsible for checking goods immediately on delivery and must report all discrepancies to us on the day of delivery. Complaint made after return of goods cannot be considered.
- All returned goods will be checked for damages, breakages and missing items and customers will be notified within 48 hours of the processing at Willingham Hall. The deposit, less the replacement cost of breakages or loss will be returned within 7 days. This allows for the return of any missing items within the 7 days
- Table Linen can very easily become damaged with careless use. To prevent damage always make sure it is dry before it is packed away. Damage can be caused by candle wax, streamers, decorations, pollen from flower arrangements and pens. Torn, burnt or stained cloths will therefore be charged at the replacement rate. We can advise on alternate table coverings for younger celebrations.
- The company tries to ensure that every effort will be made to fulfil orders to specification but in the unlikely event of unavailability this will be substituted for the closest possible alternative. The description for all our advertised products is for guidance only. It may well be that the actual colour, size, style, shade or size may differ slightly due to wear. However you can always visit our showroom to see the quality and range we have to offer first hand.
- The company shall have no liability for any failure of delivery or delay in delivery that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
- Whilst every effort is made to fulfil any order, we reserve the right to cancel, vary the order in the event of circumstances beyond our control.
- On booking, all parties shall deem to agree of the above terms and conditions.